Holidays can be loads of fun, but some holidays are simply more exciting than others. Here’s a countdown of the top five holidays with a few reminders of why we love them so much. Hope you have a wonderful Easter, and feel free to make your own top five list. I hope I don’t get in trouble for leaving out Mother’s Day!
5. New Years Day: Resolutions, fresh starts, ham and black-eyed peas (no cabbage please), the ball drop and Dick Clark.
4. Thanksgiving: Stuff a bird, stuff yourself, watch football. Oh, and we should mention that whole thankfulness thing.
3. 4th of July: Fireworks, American flags, celebrating our freedom in the greatest nation on earth, watermelon and barbecue, baseball, Harold and Fred in patriotic shirts.
2. Christmas: Snow, Christmas trees and lights, caroling, shepherds and wise men, a whole month of parties, Brenda’s church decorations, God with us.
1. Easter: The greatest demonstration of power and love the world has ever known, forgiveness, the Cross, the empty tomb, everlasting hope, and chocolate eggs.
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace